LUCID DREAMING – The Chronicles Pt. I
Concept album by Elvenpath guitarist Till Oberboßel feat. Alexx Stahl (Roxxcalibur), Jutta Weinhold (ex-Zed Yago, Jutta Weinhold Band), Thassilo Herbert (Dragonsfire) and Leo Stivala (Forsaken) on vocals, Michael Petrick (Synchronic) and Oliver Rossow (Elvenpath) on guitars. LUCID DREAMING do not blow up their sound with over-produced keyboards and also do not care for thousands of effects – they simply limit themselves to the classic structures of Power Metal: guitars, bass, drums, plus driving rhythms. That distinguishes them from their competitors like Ayreon, Avantasia, or Missa Mercuria.
- 01. Introduction / 1:01
- 02. Motherless Child / 7:38
- 03. The Quest For The White Pig / 6:44
- 04. Side By Side / 7:25
- 05. To Caer Dathyl / 11:34
- 06. Swords For Prydain / 8:04
- 07. Land Of Darkness / 6:10
- 08. Where Evil Rides / 7:01
- 09. The Price / 7:53
- 10. No Turning Back / 6:40
- 11. Farewell / 6:03
Total playing time 76:07
- Concept album in the style of Avantasia, Ayreon, Missa Mercuria.
- Explicitly less keyboards, considerably more classic Power Metal guitars
- Many popular Metal artists are involved, such as: Alexx Stahl (Roxxcalibur), Chris Marino (Scarlatyna), Jutta Weinhold (ex-Zed Yago, Jutta Weinhold Band), etc…
- Unique, one-of-a-kind style featuring subtle folkloristic elements.
SANDSTONE – Delta Viridian
With this, their fourth album, SANDSTONE give the fans a perfectly prepared album which will make not only fans of progged metal structures happy, but also those who prefer fisty, hard compositions. The cleverly designed mixture of Power and Progressive elements with a large dose of melody attract comparison with the greats of the scene, such as Fates Warning, Queensryche, Pagan’s Mind, Symphony X or Vanden Plas and also convinced Tim “Ripper” Owens to add some guestvocals!
- 01. Cat’s Cradle / 1:34
- 02. Almost Grateful / 7:02
- 03. King Of Cipher / 5:07
- 04. Winter / 5:29
- 05. Red Mist / 6:52
- 06. Cartesia / 4:36
- 07. Promise Me / 3:38
- 08. Monument / 6:20
- 09. Beneath The Scars / 4:19
- 10. Fortress / 5:12
- 11. Transgression / 5:17
- 12. Vitruvian Man / 9:13
Total playing time 64:34
- Third album with clear focus on the music, and a clear talent for melodies.
- Varied mix of power metal, progressive rock and melodic metal. Characterized by superb melodies and powerful guitars.
- Guestvocals by Tim “Ripper” Owens.
- For fans of Pagan’s Mind, Symphony X, Queensryche, old style Fates Warning.
- Excellent reviews for their previous three releases.
- European tour with ex-Judas Priest singer Tim “Ripper” Owens.
MINOTAURUS – The Call
“The Call” is a competently arranged mixture of Folk, Metal and an unmissable touch of individuality. It shows how the vocal duo of Julia Hofmeister and Oliver Klump have furthered their art, demonstrating with their impressive vocal parts on the album. Beside hard-hitting metallic guitar parts, the sextet lays stress on catchy melodies which stay with the listener for a long time.
- 01. Free Our Souls / 3:25
- 02. Wanna Be Your Wife / 3:37
- 03. Erlkoenig / 3:57
- 04. Hinterhalt / 2:34
- 05. Love Song / 3:20
- 06. The Call / 3:52
- 07. Varus Battle / 5:51
- 08. Chains Of Captivity / 5:12
- 09. Spirit Island / 4:08
- 10. Defenders Paradise / 4:04
- 11. Father And Son / 4:39
- 12. Princess Of Destruction (Version 2013) / 3:31
Total playing time 47:46
- Mature, dynamic, forceful, that is the sound of MINOTAURUS 2013.
- Produced by Rolf Munkes (Empire, ex-Majesty, tour guitarist for Tony Martin etc…) in Empire Studios.
- Multifaceted Celtic Folk Metal with English and German lyrics.
- High-quality back catalog with excellent reviews.