DRAGONY – Legends
“Legends” can be summed up as high quality, symphonic Power Metal with ass-kicking melody inserts, powerful guitars and lyrics with insight. As far as DRAGONY’s overall sound goes, one finds similarities with bands such as Edguy, Kamelot, Sabaton and Stratovarius. Guest musicians: Tom Tieber (Ecliptica), Katie Joanne (Siren’s Cry) and Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear).
- 01. Of Legends… / 1:29
- 02. Burning Skies (feat. Ralf Scheepers) / 5:34
- 03. Land Of Broken Dreams / 6:29
- 04. Dragonslayer / 5:19
- 05. Wings Of The Night / 5:19
- 06. Vaults Of Heaven / 4:55
- 07. The Longest Night / 8:30
- 08. Hero’s Return / 4:05
- 09. The Ride / 4:32
- 10. Alcador / 6:27
Total playing time 52:18
- Austrian Newcomers, playing at high international standard. All the musicians have a great deal of experience from playing in other bands
- Symphonic Power Metal, underlined by great melodies and a tough but finely configured guitar sound, cleverly combined with some prog sections
- Excellent production in the WildOneMusic Studios and mastering in the legendary Finnvox Studios in Helsinki by Mika Jussila
- Appearance of guest musicians such as Tom Tieber (Ecliptica), Katie Joanne (Siren’s Cry) and Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear)
- For fans of Edguy, Kamelot, Sabaton, Stratovarious, Avantasia, Hammerfall
FLASHBACK OF ANGER announce new bass player
After the untimely death of Francesco Masini, the Italian band FLASHBACK OF ANGER is ready to announce Andrea “Tower” Torricini as new bass player.
Andrea comes from the bands Vision Divine and Wonderland and has recently played along with Tommy Vitaly and several other international artists such as David Defeis, Todd LaTorre, Zak Stevens, Rhino and others.
The band just started recording the new album with the new line-up at Studio Emme Recording.
GHOST MACHINERY tribute-single with special quests online
Finnish heavy metal messenger Ghost Machinery pay tribute to two great Finnish traditional heavy metal bands that have been paving the way to modern day melodic metal. From the northern part of Finland comes Zero Nine with 25 years of hard rocking and 10 albums under their belt. In southern Finland Ironcross was founded in 1976 and the band recorded 3 stunning albums that have not had the publicity they should have had.
The super-catchy Zero Nine song called “Never Stop Runnin’” can be found on the ‘White Lines’ album. On this one the special quest is an original member from Zero Nine, guitarist Timo Käsmä who plays one hell of a solo on this tribute.
… read all
BLACK MAJESTY live shows announced
After spending the last few months recording the new Black Majesty album ‘Stargazer’, the band have announced a few upcoming shows:
Friday 30th March 2012 – The Brisbane Hotel – Tasmania, Australia part of the Ampocalypse 2 mini fest
Friday 4th May 2012 – Central Club Hotel – Melbourne, Australia
Thursday 17th May 2012 – The Hifi Bar – Melbourne, Australia – supporting Tim Ripper Owens
Saturday 14th July 2012 – Masters Of Rock 2012 – Czech Republic
The album ‘Stargazer’ is tentatively slated for a May 2012 release – exact release date to be announced soon.
LAST KINGDOM – Chronicles Of The North
“Chronicles Of The North” is a solid, often driving Melodic Metal Album with symphonic parts and compact melodies. All nine tracks suit each other perfectly and give us an overall picture of a band, which knows what it wants to achieve and what it can do best. LAST KINGDOM make a solid statement that is equal to the standards of Stratovarius, Thunderstone, Blind Guardian and Cain’s Offering.
- 01. Chronicles Of The North / 4:40
- 02. Warrior Kings / 3:40
- 03. Daylight Retreats / 5:29
- 04. Silver Moon / 3:59
- 05. The World Is Dying / 6:00
- 06. End Of Life / 5:09
- 07. Fate / 5:35
- 08. Abandonded / 6:59
- 09. Lost / 5:53
Total playing time 47:24
- recorded, mixed and mastered by Andy LaRocque (King Diamond) at his Sonic Train Studios in Sweden
- young Swedish band who have gained an excellent name for themselves on the underground scene
- Melodic Metal, underlined by superb melodies and ass-kicking, excellently played guitars
- for fans of Stratovarius, Thunderstone, Blind Guardian and Cain’s Offering
BLACK MAJESTY announce new album title
Black Majesty have announced ‘Stargazer’ as the title of their new album due in May 2012. Black Majesty began recording drums back in October 2011 with Roland Grapow (Masterplan) at Grapow Studios in Slovakia and have since been busy in their homeland Australia laying down guitars and vocals. Roland Grapow will mix the album in the coming months.
SANDSTONE to support Tim Ripper Owens
Sandstone have been confirmed as the support act for Tim Ripper Owens European tour starting Sept 2012.
The band will be playing the following countries with more dates and venues to be announced soon:
METAL MESSIAH EU TOUR 2012
07 sept : Kuurne – Belgium
08 sept : Terneuzen – Holland
09 sept : Genk – Belgium
10 sept : Germany (Details soon)
11 sept : Germany (Details soon)
12 sept : Germany (Details soon)
13 sept : Germany (Details soon)
14 sept : Poland (Details soon)
15 sept : Warsaw – Poland
16 sept : Poland (Details soon)
17 sept : Switzerland (Details soon)
18 sept : Kosice – Slowakia
19 sept : CZ (Details soon)
20 sept : Cluj – Romania
21 sept : Bucharest – Romania
22 sept : Sofia – Bulgaria
23 sept : Serbia (Details soon)
24 sept : Hungary (Details soon)
25 sept : Austria (Details soon)
26 sept : Slovenia (Details soon)
27 sept : Italy (Details soon)
28 sept : Lyon – France
29 sept : Strasbourg – France
30 sept : Paris – France
BLACK MAJESTY confirmed for Masters Of Rock 2012
Australian melodic power metal band Black Majesty have been announced as part of the 2012 Masters of Rock Czech Republic festival. This will be Black Majesty’s only Czech Republic show during their 2012 European tour where they will be promoting their new album (produced by Roland Grapow – Masterplan) due for release in May 2012. Other acts already confirmed for the M.O.R. 2012 festival include Thin Lizzy, Stratovarius, Edguy, Gothard, Kamelot, Arch Enemy, Within Temptation, Firewind, Unisonic and Arakain amongst many others.