HEAVENS GATE – Best For Sale!
From their first days in 1987 until their break in 1999, HEAVENS GATE were among the top representatives of German Heavy Metal. They had a large fan community, especially in Japan, and their albums are in high demand until today… Which justifies some special release, of course – ‘Best For Sale!’ is a perfect choice for the newbie and the stalwart longtime fan. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and recap the development of the band.
16 years after one of the best German Heavy Metal was heard of last, ‘Best For Sale!’ offers a great compendium of the quintet’s creative years. No doubt they have left their mark, and their albums are still in high demand. HEAVENS GATE were an integral part of the German Heavy Metal scene, and ‘Best For Sale!’ epitomises their unique sound: be it fast smashers or classic ballads – the boys deliver them with their impressive and distinctive style. Enjoy ‘Best For Sale!’ either as an introduction to the HEAVENS GATE catalogue or as a great essential legacy.
- 01. In Control / 5:09
- 02. Surrender / 4:01
- 03. Tyrants / 4:22
- 04. Path Of Glory / 4:16
- 05. Livin’ In Hysteria/ 4:37
- 06. The Neverending Fire / 4:32
- 07. Flashes / 3:23
- 08. Best Days Of My Life / 5:53
- 09. Gate Of Heaven / 4:36
- 10. Under Fire / 3:39
- 11. White Evil / 5:00
- 12. Rising Sun / 3:31
- 13. He’s The Man / 4:19
- 14. Planet Earth / 4:16
- 15. The Edge / 3:33
- 16. Noah’s Dream / 10:08
- 17. Mastermind / 4:05
Total playing time 79:13
- In the 1990’s, HEAVENS GATE were among the most successful and most exciting German Metal bands.
- Immense success in Japan.
- Back catalogue is in high demand.
- This 17 song “Best Of” compilation features superb remastered material from all of their full-length albums.
- Three bonus tracks for Digital Download and Streaming.
- Guitarist Sascha Paeth has become a renowned producer.
WIZARD – Bound By Metal (Remastered Reissue)
The image represented so clearly by the cover artwork of the Wizard output, “Bound By Metal” is transformed into ambitious music in the tracks of the album. The power of the album bursts through the seams, as the title of this tremendous album promises. Every one of the twelve original songs shine with great instrument techniques and memorable vocal lines.
Remastered by Markus Teske (Vanden Plas, Mob Rules, Symphony X, Neal Morse, Saga and Ian Parry’s Consortium Project), including bonus tracks.
- 01. Birth Of The Weapons / 1:20
- 02. Hammer, Bow, Axe And Sword / 3:48
- 03. Brave Warriors / 4:07
- 04. Dark Wings / 3:31
- 05. Mighty Wizard / 5:09
- 06. A Nice Day To Die / 3:26
- 07. Gladiators Of Steel / 4:02
- 08. Unicorn / 6:56
- 09. Believe In Metal / 3:55
- 10. Spill The Blood Of Our Enemies / 4:30
- 11. Battlefield Of Death / 3:02
- 12. Bound By Metal / 5:39
- 13. Bloodsteel (Bonus Track) / 4:18
- 14. In The Sign Of The Wizard (Bonus Track) / 5:41
- 15. Legion Of Doom (Bonus Track) / 5:15
Total playing time 64:55
- Wizard have existed since 1989 and are one of Germany’s most popular Speed/Power Metal bands.
- Numerous successful festival performances e.g. at Wacken, Bang Your Head, Keep it True Festival
- Sven D’Anna is one of Germany’s most charismatic vocalists
- Re-release of the rare classic album incl. bonus tracks
- Remastered by Markus Teske (Vanden Plas, Mob Rules, Symphony X, Neal Morse, Saga and Ian Parry’s Consortium Project)
WIZARD – Remastered Reissues
The opinion of the international press that Wizard is Germany’s answer to Manowar is not entirely incorrect. The band with singer Sven D’Anna take their fast, furious true metal sound from similar sources as Joey DeMaio’s American band. Despite that, Wizard’s songs are not lacking in individuality.
“Nobody told us that Metal was dead – believe me”, Snoppi says with a deadpan face, “we didn’t notice that in the rehearsal room…”. This totally naive and very honest statement, taken from an early interview, is WIZARD in a nutshell. WIZARD have remained true to themselves – and they are the only real choice for anyone searching for the true Metal spirit.
Reissues of three classic albums, remastered by Markus Teske (Vanden Plas, Mob Rules, Symphony X, Neal Morse, Saga and Ian Parry’s Consortium Project)
Tracklisting – Head Of The Deceiver:
- 01. Evitum Okol / 0:59
- 02. Magic Potion / 4:24
- 03. Head Of The Deceiver / 4:49
- 04. Collective Mind / 4:42
- 05. Defenders Of Metal / 4:31
- 06. Calm Of The Storm / 5:03
- 07. Demon Witches / 4:40
- 08. Iron War / 3:23
- 09. The First One / 4:42
- 10. Revenge / 3:42
- 11. True Metal / 6:39
- 12. Ultimate Warrior (Bonus Track) / 5:54
- 13. Metal Law (Bonus Track) / 6:02
Total playing time 59:34
Tracklisting – Odin:
- 01. The Prophecy / 5:19
- 02. Betrayer / 4:53
- 03. Dead Hope / 6:02
- 04. Dark God / 5:43
- 05. Loki’s Punishment / 5:08
- 06. Beginning Of The End / 4:01
- 07. Thor’s Hammer / 5:01
- 08. Hall Of Odin / 5:06
- 09. The Powergod / 5:21
- 10. March Of The Einheriers / 5:40
- 11. End Of All / 3:56
- 12. Ultimate War (Bonus Track) / 4:52
- 13. Golden Dawn (Bonus Track) / 5:05
Total playing time 66:10
Bonus Video: Betrayer
Tracklisting – Magic Circle:
- 01. Enter The Magic Circle / 1:04
- 02. Fire And Blood / 4:38
- 03. Call Of The Wild / 4:51
- 04. Death Is My Life / 4:38
- 05. On Your Knees/ 6:11
- 06. Metal / 4:04
- 07. Uruk-Hai / 5:53
- 08. Circle Of Steel / 5:25
- 09. Warriors Of The Night / 6:23
- 10. No Way Out / 5:07
- 11. The Magic Goes On / 4:20
- 12. Don’t Say Goodbye / 5:16
- 13. Sons Of The North (Bonus Track) / 4:27
- 14. Master Of The Holy Flame (Bonus Track) / 5:18
Total playing time 68:52
Bonus Video: Warriors Of The Night
- WIZARD are one of Germany’s most popular Power Metal bands.
- Sven D’Anna is one of Germany’s most charismatic vocalists.
- Head Of The Deceiver produced by Uwe Lulis (Grave Digger, Rebellion)
- Odin produced by Piet Sielck (Blind Guardian, Iron Savior, Savage Circus).
- Numerous successful festival performances e.g. at Wacken, Bang Your Head, Keep it True Festival.
- Remastered by Markus Teske (Vanden Plas, Mob Rules, Symphony X, Neal Morse, Saga and Ian Parry’s Consortium Project).
MASTERS OF DISGUISE – The Savage And The Grace
With their 2013 debut “Back With A Vengeance”, MASTERS OF DISGUISE filled the musical gap left behind by the demise of Savage Grace almost 30 years previously. Two years later the successor CD “The Savage And The Grace” was ready, building on its predecessor in classical style and which again is sure to set the pulses of speed freaks racing. The album again honours the true Speed Metal spirit of the Eighties without sounding antiquated or dusty. Classic US Speed Metal, taken another step upwards by several typical, fast Euro-Metal characteristics make the eleven tracks a real ride through speed hell.
- 01. Judgement Day / 2:13
- 02. The Enforcer / 3:39
- 03. Conquering The World / 6:26
- 04. Knutson II: (Only A Mother’s) Love Is Forever / 5:59
- 05. Heavens Fall / 4:29
- 06. New Horizons / 6:57
- 07. Sins Of The Damned / 4:07
- 08. The Scavenger’s Daughter / 3:42
- 09. Barbarians At The Gate / 3:33
- 10. War Of The Gods (Part I) / 6:46
- 11. Hammerhead (Bonus Track) / 6:01
Total playing time 53:44
Video Album Trailer
- In the musical footsteps of the US Metal legends Savage Grace.
- Legendary speed/power metal mixture with cult character.
- Impressive successor to their superb 2013 debut.
- Masters of Disguise comprises of established musicians from bands such as Roxxcalibur, Abandoned and ex-Viron.
- Increased live activities to promote the album, e.g. Tour with Omen in March 2015, etc…
VEXILLUM – Unum
“Unum” is a concept album, on which singer Dario Vallesi holds the sceptre as main character. He is supported in his singing role by internationally known vocalists Hansi Kürsch of BLIND GUARDIAN, Chris Bay (FREEDOM CALL), Maxi Nil (JADED STAR, ex-VISIONS OF ATLANTIS) as well as Mark Boals (MALMSTEEN, IRON MASK, RING OF FIRE), who sing the parts of other characters in the story. The songs, all highly melodic, do not sound overly polished, but the punchy sound blows your socks off. “Unum” stands for a strong mixture of Power and Folk, marked by superfast guitars, great choruses, bagpipes and lots of small finesses, which the listener will notice and register. All this makes VEXILLUM one of the top bands of the Italian scene, with an unmistakeable style of great power metal and folk elements.
- 01. The Departure: Blow Away The Ashes / 6:46
- 02. The Jester: Over The Clouds (Chris Bay from Freedom Call as The Jester) / 4:57
- 03. The Sentenced: Fire And Blood (Hansi Kürsch from Blind Guardian as The Sentenced) / 5:39
- 04. Lady Thief: What We Are (Maxi Nil from Jaded Star as Lady Thief) / 4:47
- 05. The Hermit: Through The Mirror (Mark Boals from Ring of Fire as The Hermit) / 5:26
- 06. The Way Back: The Clash Within / 5:01
- 07. The True Beginning: Standing As One / 5:54
- 08. Spunta La Luna Dal Monte (Tazenda) / 4:53
- 09. Run Runaway (Slade) / 3:08
Total playing time 46:25
Video Album Trailer
- Third album of the Italian band with renowned guests such as Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian, Chris Bay (Freedom Call), Mark Boals (Malmsteen, Iron Mask, Ring Of Fire) and Maxi Nil (Jaded Star).
- Band of high musical individuality, which has created a style from power metal and Nordic folk elements.
- European tours with e.g. Rhapsody Of Fire. Luca Turilli’s Rhapsody, Freedom Call and Orden Ogan.
ASTRALION – Astralion
The fact that ASTRALION comprises of former members of bands such as Olympos Mons, The Addication and HumanGod has the advantage that we have experienced musicians with a firm and clear target ahead of them. The musical direction of the Finns was influenced by bands such as Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, early Blind Guardian and Y. Malmsteen. In a nutshell then we are talking about broad choruses, voluminous melodies, galloping guitar attacks as well as tactful, neo-progged 6-string inserts. Speed is an important characteristic of ASTRALION’s style, similar to early Sonata Arctica work but with higher melodic content. Yet on the other hand you cannot miss a touch of Teutonic-Metal a la Helloween. The motto of the band is very apt: “Forget the dragon, forget the sword, here’s true power from the chord!”
- 01. Mysterious & Victorious / 5:22
- 02. The Oracle / 5:34
- 03. At The Edge Of The World / 4:11
- 04. When Death Comes Knocking / 4:32
- 05. We All Made Metal / 5:41
- 06. Black Sails / 5:36
- 07. To Isolde / 5:25
- 08. Computerized Love / 5:26
- 09. Mary (Bloody) / 6:05
- 10. Five Fallen Angels / 5:14
- 11. Last Man On Deck / 13:15
Total playing time 66:21
Video Album Trailer
Videoclip “At The Edge Of The World”
Videoclip “We All Made Metal”
- Finnish band oriented stylistically towards bands such as Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Hammerfall, Stratovarius and early Blind Guardian.
- All the musicians can look back on year-long experience with bands such as Olympos Mons, The Addication und HumanGod.
- Expressive melodic Power Metal Hymns.
ANCIENT BARDS on tour
ANCIENT BARDS will be touring in Italy and Germany.
01.11.2014 – Bologna, Italy – Zona Roveri
14.11.2014 – Berlin, Germany – Blackland 666
15.11.2014 – Bremen, Germany – Meisenfrei – Bremer Metal Festival
16.11.2014 – Arnhem, The Netherlands – Willemeen
27.11.2014 – Roma, Italy – Traffic
28.11.2014 – Firenze, Italy – Cycle Club
29.11.2014 – Busto Asizio, Italy – Comunità Giovanile
30.11.2014 – Brescia, Italy – Colony House
ANCIENT BARDS latest Symphonic Epic Metal masterpiece “A New Dawn Ending” is available for a special price for a limited time from Forever Rock Mailorder.
Woooohoooo, it’s Halloween with FIREWÖLFE
Woooohoooo, it’s Halloween! If you’d like to celebrate Halloween with the new album “We Rule The Night” by FIREWÖLFE, then ride your broomstick or flap your bat’s wings to FIREWÖLFE “We Rule The Night”.
You can also find the album on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify etc.
Check out three songs from their new album here:
Album video trailer here:
FIREWÖLFE are from the USA, play Melodic Metal and consist of David Fefolt (Masi, Angels of Babylon, Valhalla…), Jay Schellen (Badfinger, Unruly Child, Hurricane, Asia…), Bobby Ferkovich (Presto Ballet, Power Train, Heir Apparent, Pamela Moore Band…) as well as mastermind Nick Layton.
For fans of bands such as Icon, Rough Cutt, Dokken, Malice, Ratt and Eden.